- Patients should be in good health and without any cavities.
- It is recommended that all patients receive a cleaning and exam prior to their tooth whitening procedure.
- It is recommended that after the Zoom Chairside Whitening patients wait for a least two weeks to schedule for any tooth colored fillings or bonding to ensure that the teeth have reached their final shade.
Any existing cosmetic dental (including crowns) work may need to be replaced to match the newly whitened teeth.
- This system is not recommended for pregnant or lactating women.
- Patients with a strong gag reflex or anxiety may not be able to endure the entire procedure with retraction and isolation in place.
- For 48 hours after the Zoom Chairside Whitening, dark substances should be avoided, such as: Coffee and/or tea, tobacco products, mustard or ketchup, cola, red wine, soy sauce, berry pie, and red sauces.
- Light sensitive patients including those on PUVA (Psoralen UV Radiatiion) or other photo chemotherapy, as well as patients with melanoma, should not do the Zoom Chairside Procedure.
- Exposed root surfaces or other exposed areas of dentin should be covered prior to the whitening procedure. After the whitening treatment is done these areas will need to be filled to match the whitened teeth.
- Patients taking any photo-reactive drugs or substances, whether over-the-counter (O.T.C.), prescription or homeopathic, should consult their primary before doing Zoom Chariside Procedure. Some of these include:
|Generic Name||Trade Name|
|Chlorthiazide||Aldoclor, Diupres, Diruil|
|Hydrochlorothiazide||Aldacteride, Aldoril, Capozide, Dyazide, Hydrodiuril,
Lopressor, Orotic, Moduretic
|St. John's Wart|